Saturday, November 14, 2009

Relaxer question?

Will it hurt my hair, I don't have nappy hair or anything, just curly. Will it hurt my hair? What if I only do it once? Can you describe to me your experience with it? Or someone you know who got their hair relaxed before. Which company is the best? How do you do it? Thanx!



Relaxer question?

Relaxers permanently damage the hair. Once hair is relaxed, it will never go back to the way it was. It takes a lot of care to keep your hair "healthy" when relaxed. If you don't like it, there's nothing you can do to change it or reverse. You just have to wait for the hair to grow out and cut it off. I got relaxers for years and I am natural now because that stuff is bad for our hair. Don't do it. Just press your hair if you want it straight.



Edit: If you do decide to do it, use Olive Oil brand relaxer or Motions brand. The instructions are in the package and it's really easy to do. Also, if you have a sensitive scalp or you scratched your head, it will burn. The burns make the relaxer so not worth it!!!



Relaxer question?

No it won't hurt unless you scratch your scalp before then it may burn a little. Just get a relaxer with no-lye. I hated getting them when I was younger cause I was a baby, so I cried even when it wasn't hurting. Lol. Most people are just fine with them. Just mix the ingredients together and place on the hair closet to your scalp and comb through. Wash out in the time it says on you relaxer box...usually about 10mins or so. And you're done.



Relaxer question?

well it will not hurt unless you have been scratching your hair. i got one and luvvvvvvvvvvvvved IT



Relaxer question?

Relaxer do not hurt ur hair, not unless you hae an injured scalp,then wait until it heals. do a deep conditioner before you relax it, al a relaxer does is change the chemical bonds of your hair straiten it. after you straiten it mix pure aloe verva gel with a little water and apply it sparingly and a week later you will have healthy straite hair and shiny.



Relaxer question?

Unless your hair is completely unmanageable (which is often how people think of their hair even if that's not the case), I don't think a relaxer is right for you. Relaxers shouldn't damage your hair immediately. I know a girl who's relaxer is down to her waist. The problem with relaxers, though, is that they work by basically "destroying" the hair. The relaxer is basically in the process of melting away the hair, which a good stylist would prevent by washing it away thouroughly. That's why I suggest a very good stylist who is sure to retouch NEW GROWTH ONLY, no permanent dye, and good conditioning products. Do NOT use products with alcohol, it will dry it out.



I've gotten my hair relaxed before and it sucked, it broke totally off on its own. but I know a lot of people that maintain theirs well (their hair is not as dry, and I think the dryness of my hair may have caused a lot of the damage). They normally wrap their hair and protect it with oil before applying heat. If you only do it once, your hair might look odd when your new growth starts getting to long. Also, this stuff can burn your scalp and create painful watery scabs if you scratch it or if your stylist doesn't know what they're doing or protect the scalp. don't overgrease your scalp before a perm either, it makes it worse sometimes.



Relaxer question?

i dont know i think girl know better then my

No comments:

Post a Comment