Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Straightening Irons Anyone? ...Im Unhappy Being Nappy?

I have coarse, thick, frizzy hair and recently had to start doing it myself versus going to the salon every 2 weeks. i hate doing my hair its unmanageable and it can take me from 3-6 hours to do. I wanted to know if there are any brands of flat irons out there that could help me cut down on the time I spend straightening my hair? I'm willing to spend the money on a quality iron but dont want to buy a product that won't do anything for my grade of hair! Also, will a good iron replace my use of a straightening comb?



Good Straightening Irons Anyone? ...Im Unhappy Being Nappy?

the best straightening iron is a chi iron. you can ask your stylist about purchasing one. they are pretty expensive, but they are worth it, and will cut down on the time and the cost spent at the salon. you will also need good products to help protect your hair from the heat of the iron. also products that will give you the most from your iron. i recommend using redken smooth down shampoo, conditioner, and once a week use the butter treat. after washing and before blow drying and ironing use 1 pumps of heat glide and focus on the ends. then mix one pump each of redken align and redken satin wear in your hand and emulsify and run through your hair. then blow dry in the direction of the hair growth, and then use your flat iron. using a large paddle brush while you blow dry is also helpful. if you're willing to spend a few more dollars i recommend the "grund" paddle brush. also ask your stylist. i hope this helps you. i've had my chi for almost three years now, and i used to be a hairdresser, so it has been used alot, and is still being used. good luck



Good Straightening Irons Anyone? ...Im Unhappy Being Nappy?

European brands are good. Look on the Internet for them.



Good Straightening Irons Anyone? ...Im Unhappy Being Nappy?

My hair is the same way. I went to Sally's and bought a professional iron. You can get them anywhere from $40 and up. I think mine was about $50. My stylist told me that the key is to buy a ceramic iron that gets to atleast 300 degrees. I don't use a straightening comb, but I do blow dry my hair straight before I iron it. Hope this helps!



Good Straightening Irons Anyone? ...Im Unhappy Being Nappy?

CHI is the best one!! They're pricy, but worth it.



Good Straightening Irons Anyone? ...Im Unhappy Being Nappy?

I think irons are better than the combs. Ceramic irons are good. That's what I use. Also do you chemically straighten it? It will last longer if you do that once every few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment