Saturday, November 14, 2009

I am african amer. and i...?

i am african amer. and i have really nappy hair like this (not me) example this.http://www.barzey.com/archives/pictures/...



and i am going to a dinner dance for the law enforcement my job. on wesday and its a very formal event i have this really nice dress and shows and stuff. i really want my roots to be really straight without getting a perm. what should i do?



I am african amer. and i...?

have your hair pressed, kinky hair like that takes a press really well



I am african amer. and i...?

you should blow dry your hair , it at least will last a nigth ^^ like cinderella



I am african amer. and i...?

just be yourself and be proud about it



I am african amer. and i...?

You could use a chi flat iron .... take small sections and do the ends first then work your way back to the roots... But use some oil in your hair... I recommend kemi oil.. Be sure to wash your hair and blow dry it really well... Or you could use a straighting comb.. or go to the salon (black) and get a blow out with a blowdryer..



I hope all works out for you...



I am african amer. and i...?

If your hair really is that tightly coiled it will be very difficult to get it straight without a relaxer perm. You could hot comb it, but you also risk damaging it just like with a relaxer...or you could just purchase a wig for that event.



I wondering why do you think there's something wrong with wearing your own natural hair for the event? With proper care, natural locs can be beautiful. Get yourself a nice deep conditioning treatment and just go and enjoy yourself.



People already know what your your real hair looks like and probably like you and think you are pretty just as you are. No need to alter it (and risk damaging it) just for the one occasion.



I am african amer. and i...?

use some seriously good conditioner and brush it out then straighten it.



I am african amer. and i...?

My view on this hair question:



I think the right shade of blond hair colour next to African skin is beyond this world powerful and sexy. Let it be curley and bleach it the right shade of blonde. It brings out the colour of your eyes and glamorizes your appearance without denying anything from your cultural identity. But that is just my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment